How do I reserve the Yacht? Follow the link for CharterByDay Book a Cruise to get the process started. You will answer basic questions such as Dates, Number of Guests, Length of Charter and Destinations. Once you submit the form CharterByDay will hold the booking date and email the following; Confirmation, Rules and Policies, Payment link.
How many guests are allowed? We allow up to 6 guests on each Charters.
What if I have more than 6 guests? CharterByDay wants our guests to experience the ultimate charter on a yacht of exceptional quality. We have found that six is the perfect number to achieve a lifetime of memories.
Does the Captain have a license? Captain Sam holds a Coast Guard Masters license and certifications for First Aid and CPR. He also has a lifetime of boating experience on many boats and waterways.
How long is a Half-day charter and a Full-day charter? Half-days reflect the yacht is chartered for 4 hours and Full-days are 8 hours. We can extend a Half-day charter based on our booking schedule. You will be charged for each partial hour up to the 8 hour maximum day.
Can we charter for multiple days? CharterByDay has done events that span 3 days (8 hours each day). During these excursions the client made arrangements at a local hotel for the evening. One such Destination is Baltimore where the passengers took in an Orioles game and then spent the evening at the InterContinental Hotel. Day two was a cruise to Rock Hall and back to Baltimore for some Inner Harbor nightlife. Day 3 included a cruise around Kent Island for lunch and a swing past Thomas Point Lighthouse for some memorable photos.
What time can we depart? Full-day charters typically start at 9 or 10am unless you wish to catch the sunset. These cruises will be adjusted to finish one hour after sunset. Half-day charters start no later than 11am but can also be adjusted for sunset cruises.
Where does the charter depart from? We are based on the South River just Southwest of Annapolis, MD.
Can we arrange another departure location? Yes but you will pay the hourly charter rate to reposition the Yacht. Our location has good amenities and parking facilities.
Are the charters catered? You can pack you own picnic basket loaded with goodies like cheese, crackers, fruit and drinks. We can also provide you with a variety of restaurants in the area that deliver to our dock so your food will be onboard at arrival. Soft drinks, flavored drinks, ice and water are complementary along with a fully stocked kitchen with standard items to serve meals. Drop us a note on our contact form for our list of food providers.
Do you provide Alcohol? No but bring any of your favorite beverages and we can keep it stored for you and your guests. We also have online delivery options for Alcohol if needed.
Are any items not allowed? It is a short list but the following are not allowed on the Yacht: Smoking, Pets, Red wine, Self tanning oils or bronzers.
Do you provide items for water activities? Our Yacht carries various water toys such as Paddleboards, Kayaks and other Inflatable’s. Towels are provided for sun bathing and water sports.
Does the yacht have a sound system? Yes and it is Bluetooth compatible.
How do I pay for the charter? A 50% deposit is required to reserve the Yacht and the balance will be due 7 days prior the charter. Use our online link for payments. We accept all major credit cards using the PayPal merchant service.
What is not included in the hourly/daily rates? Dockage fees (if necessary).
What happens when we arrive at the yacht? The Crew welcomes everyone aboard and asks for ID’s and the Credit card used for payment of the charter. We use this to confirm all guests match our passenger list. After a short safety briefing and tour of the yacht your adventure will begin.
What if I have to cancel my charter? A refund of 100% is given if there is a cancellation due to severe weather.
• Severe weather is defined as: Named storm within 150 miles or continuous Heavy Rain or Wind forecasted during the scheduled booking. We will make every attempt to find another charter date that is available when this happens.
• Any other request for refund must be given with at least 3-weeks’ notice. Your 50% deposit will be refunded minus a 10% merchant processing and administrative fee.
• If you cancel less than 3-weeks prior your deposit will be held for a future booking that must be used within 12 months, otherwise it will be forfeited.
What is the policy for bad weather? The Captain will make the decision on severe weather but overcast skies, light rain or localized thunderstorms are not a reason to cancel a charter. Our Yacht has large indoor spaces and a rain shower can be a good reason to bring the party inside.
• Severe weather is defined as: Named storm within 150 miles or continuous Heavy Rain or Wind forecasted during the scheduled booking. We will make every attempt to find another charter date that is available for your cruise if this occurs.
What if my guest causes damage? Rules;
• Any Damage or Replacements will be directly billed.
• You agree that if you or any of your guests choose to ignore these rules, become uncontrollable, overly intoxicated, or cause damage, the Captain has the right to put you or any of your guests ashore at the nearest location. Transportation from there will be up to the chartering party. You agree that no refunds will be provided for remaining days of charter in such event.
• No Smoking, Pets, Red wine, Self-tanning oils or bronzers or Dark-sole shoes.
• No shoes may be worn beyond the boarding platform of the Yacht.
• Very strict procedures are posted for use of marine heads. Only material that has passed through the body and toilet paper are permitted to go into a marine head.
• All water toys, linens, galley ware, and equipment on board when you started your charter shall remain on board upon completion of your charter.